Making it Easy to Change your Beliefs
When we experience an undesireable reality, we have to back-track and ask ourself: „What would I have to be believing in order to create such a Reality“?
Once we then get in touch with this belief that is creating the undesired outcome, we can decide and choose our preferred belief – what belief we would like to REPLACE this earlier belief with.
So, then we adopt this new preferred-belief. Ah……. but here’s where it gets „tricky“. Often, people find themselves „slipping back“ to the old unpreferred-belief. Why? Usually, because they have this deep-seated sense (this underlying gut feeling) that, somehow, the old belief is „more real“, „more solid“, more „how things really are“, than the new preferred-belief.
So, how we can make the new preferred belief „stick“? The critical factor is this
- Getting used to the idea that there is no reality, except for the reality you define (according to your beliefs).
- Getting used to the idea that there is no reality, except for whatever you define your reality to be.
- Getting used to the idea that there is no „basic“ reality that is any „more real“ than any other reality.
- Getting used to the idea that there is no „basic reality“ against which you can gauge and judge how „real“ your new belief is. The reality actually is that there is no „inherent reality“. There are only the realities generated by any belief (all of which are equally-valid, equally-real)
- Getting used to the idea that there is no one definition of reality that is any more real or valid than any other definition.
Like starting a painting:
- It’s an empty canvas with infinte possibilites.
- „Empty“ because there is NO „inherent real reality“ at all!
- „Infinite Possibilites“ because reality can be ANYTHING you define it to be, according to your definitions, your beliefs.
When this really „sinks in“, when you truly „get“, „grok“, and understand that there is no „real“ reality, you will no longer have that lingering feeling that the old belief is more „real“ than your new preferred belief. You will thereby not feel any deep-seated „need“ to slip back to the old belief, because it is somehow more representative of „the real world“.
You can then easily accept and adopt whatever definitions of reality are most aligned with the „you“ that you prefer, and most aligned with the „reality“ you would prefer to experience.
And if you find yourself, once again „slipping back“ to previous undesireable reality-definitions, then simply sit back and spend more time contemplating these ideas about:
- There is no „basic“ reality that is any „more real“ than any other reality.
- There are only the realities generated by any belief.
- All beliefs are equally-valid, equally-real.
Then in realizing that your new-preferred belief is just as valid, and just as „real“ as your older undesired belief, simply choose to effortlessly adopt your new preferred belief.