- VATA – air, ether – stands for the physical and psychical movements in the body.
- PITTA – fire, water – stands for the metabolic organisation of the body and also for intellectuality and expression.
- KAPHA – earth, water – stands for matter and body’s defenses
It is supposed that each individual has a specific type of these energies which dominates although everybody has all three energies – only in different degrees. All three should be brought into balance. It is very similar to psycho-physiognomic knowledge.
- Go to bed and awaken at the same time every day
- Meditate twice a day to quiet the mind
- Practice yoga to connect with your body
- Wear Relaxing fragrances
- Eat three meals per day and favor sweet, sour, and salty tastes
- Perform a slow daily self massage with warm Relaxing herbalized oil
- Drink Relaxing Herbal Tea
- Look for opportunities to create rhythm and routine in your life
- Diffuse Relaxing fragrances into your environment
- Finish things once you start them
When Pitta is out of balance, too much fire has accumulated in mind, body, and environment. The result is a sense of internal and external combustion. The best way to balance excess Pitta is to bring more space and coolness into the physiology. Think soothing.
- Spend time outside and in nature
- Favor cooling tastes – sweet, bitter, and astringent
- Meditate twice a day to soothe the mind and relax the body
- Schedule some space in your day
- Perform a slow self-massage with Soothing herbalized oil
- Wear Soothing fragrances
- Favor cool, soft colors – blue, green, and white
- Drink Soothing Herbal Tea
- Diffuse Soothing fragrances into your environment
- Try to be more playful
- Engage in non-competitive physical activities
- Eat with full awareness
- Stay cool
When Kapha is out of balance, too much earth has accumulated in mind, body, and environment. The result is a sense of sluggishness, congestion, and dullness. The best way to balance excess a Kapha is to bring more movement and circulation into the physiology. Think invigoration.
- Awaken at sunrise
- Look for opportunities to create healthy change
- Favor pungent, bitter, and astringent tastes
- Avoid eating when you’re not hungry
- Be spontaneous and try new things
- Wear invigorating fragrances
- Clean out your space
- Drink Invigorating Herbal Tea
- Diffuse Invigorating fragrances into your environment
- Favor bright strong colors – reds, oranges, yellows
- Meditate twice a day to get clear on your intentions and desires
- Perform a vigorous self-massage with warm Invigorating herbalized oil
- Exercise daily
The origins of the ancient healing science known as Ayurveda are lost in cosmic antiquity. According to the ancient text Caraka-samhita, this „Science of Life and Longevity“ is eternal and is revealed in each universe in each of its infinite cycles of creation and destruction. This healing science is generally revealed by great sages or demigods. Occasionally, the Supreme Lord Himself descends as the avatara (incarnation) Dhanvantari and re-inaugurates the tradition of Ayurveda. This extremely rare appearance of God is recorded in the Vedic literature of ancient India.